Taking Drugs...

Most of you probably know what this post will be about based on the title. It's not about me admitting that I am addicted to drugs, I have never taken anything nor will I ever. This little diddy is about prescription drugs which is something almost everyone can relate to!

If you have been reading any of my posts you will know that I am not the healthiest thing in the world. I have a little list of health issues that I am trying to get under control. My most pressing issue is my Hepatitis C. I was unfortunately born with this so don't even have a crazy story to tell :( It is something that has been looming over me since I found out I had it. Four years ago I started on a treatment regimen of three different drugs. Within a week I had developed congestive heart failure due to one of those drugs. I was in the hospital for five days and finally got to go home.

As you can imagine, it has taken me a very long time to try any other medication. Recently though my doctors and I decided that I need to get rid of this crap. So he put me on a medication called Mavyret. This drug has a 98% success rate in Hep C patients and I am really hoping that I will be included in those stats. The drug is costing me $1300 a MONTH!!!!! Apparently the insurance companies feel that sick people need to also be broke as fuck. Anywho I started my first dose the other day and so far no complications with the old ticker. I am feeling slight side effects like nausea, headache, and fatigue, but that is normal. I want to be excited, but more than anything I am scared to death. I don't know what will happen if the medication attacks my heart like the other one did. It's already damaged and I don't know if it would survive that again. I am staying positive though and always remembering that the universe would not have given me this opportunity if I couldn't handle it.

I will keep updating as I go along with this journey. If anyone is actually reading this I ask that you keep me in your thoughts and prayers, I could certainly use it right now.

Until next time....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The struggles are real...

Fall again...

This guy i know...