Self love...

I decided to start on a journey today. One that focuses on self love. Self love has been something that I have struggled with my entire life. I have always been the girl that got bullied and told she was ugly, the one that never got picked to go to prom. My own family has a habit of putting me down instead of lifting me up. I feel that as a result of all that, I have had such a problem with my self image and self esteem. I feel as though I don't love myself like I should and that is unacceptable to me.

A friend of mine told me about this YouTube channel called Yoga With Adriene. She told me that this lady is not like other yoga instructors that pretend life is perfectly zen and nothing is wrong with the world, I was a little skeptical but decided to try her out. I LOVE her!!! She is so down to earth and REAL! She messes up sometimes and goes with the flow because guess what that's what life is about. I have been picking through her videos and have loved all the ones I have tried so I decided to do her 31 day series. It's called Revolution and I think it will be amazing! I just started my first day today and am going to try really hard to stick with it for the whole 31 days. I need to restart my mind and my heart and really find myself and that love that I have been searching for.

In a way I think this blog is really just a public diary for me to get my thoughts, frustrations, and all other feelings out on paper. It is not really what I had planned for it to be when I started it. It's kind of random and a little all over the place, but then again so am I so I guess that is perfect. I will put up a link for Adriene's YouTube channel, I really hope you guys will go check her out and try her videos. I promise she is so amazing!!! If you do try it let me know what you think, I would love to hear your stories!

Until next time...

https://www.youtube.com/user/yogawithadriene/featured?disable_polymer=1

Comments

  1. I find it hard to believe anyone ever called you ugly. They must have been jealous because you are beautiful inside AND out. I'm going to check out your yoga link.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan thank you so much for the kind words, that means more to me than you know! I wish I could say it wasn't true, but that has been the case my entire life. I have always been bullied for one reason or another and more recently it's because I am in great shape so now people are "skinny shaming" me. :(

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The struggles are real...

Fall again...

This guy i know...